Happy day before Canada Day!!
A repeat of last week. Or, a run of your choice.
Base – Maintain: Usually an easy talk pace. Maintain a consistent volume and frequency prior to BUILD.
* 45 to 60 minutes with 4 to 6 times 50 meters to 100-meter strides worded into the middle of the run
* 45 to 60 minutes of hilly run. Run smooth and steady up the hill. A quicker leg turn-over, recover and run easily in between hills
* Get out there for a run! 45 to 60 minutes on a flat to moderate surface
* 60 to 90-minute run if you are currently running over 60 minutes for your longest run
Build: Increasing distance. What is your goal? 5 km, 10km, 1/2 Marathon. Marathon….?? Work on pacing
* 20 minute warm-up & Cool down – 20 to 40 minutes harder effort at 15 km to marathon pace
* 60 to 90 minute run with 4 to 6 x 50m strides
Peak – Sharpen : Maximum effort in speed and tempo. Maximum build in endurance. Know your goal pace
* 20 minutes warm-up & cool-down/ 2 to 3 x 15 minutes at 10 km to marathon pace (current pace that you can maintain, talking is lightly labored)
* Above sessions can take place on rod, trail or track